Sunday, May 3, 2009

Lesson with Stacey

We had the opportunity to work with Stacey Peardot-Goudy last week and this week. The main thing I learned with Killy right now is I move way too much. Any little movement right now in his training sends him somewhere (and not always where we want to go). Sometimes, I have to stand still and get his head and then move.

It's a very hard thing for me to do, it feels like I should be moving-always:) Even when my brain says-don't move, wait for his head, I feel my feet or my body just slightly shift and boom-off course.

I guess I have to practice more zen agility-calm, don't move, be patient, let the cross happen:)

1 comment:

  1. I was sad I couldn't come participate in this. I am sure she would have been very helpful for us. I found your blog from Gosia's. Hope you don't mind me checking it out every now and again. Looks like you and Killy are off to a good start this year.

    ReplyDelete